May 2, 2007

College: Spring Shoes

This is my first *official* post, other then my many tester posts I played with. I want to write about shoes. Not just any shoes, but ones that are appropriate for going out at night at college. These shoes must be very comfortable, in order to walk from your dorm/apartment to various happenings around campus. They must also be appriopriate for the party you plan to attend. I know going out we usually hit up multiple parties each night, but the main theme around campus is casual but neat. Some parties have stricter dressing guidelines, especially at frat semiformals or mudwrestling contest. No matter what the theme is, never go with sneakers. My first themed party was an 80's party, which my friends and I though 80's workout gear right away. We then went out in long t-shirts rubberbanded around our waists, leggings, and *gasp* high socks and sneakers. We later found out that you dress as close to the theme without looking like your going to the gym, literally.

I found some affordable and not so affordable options for dressing up and down during the springtime:


Via Spiga Modul Wedges $162.00




Mossimo Phyre Suede Peep Toe Platforms $24.99


Pretty much exactly alike. I wore the Mossimo ones to a 60's themed party and unlike other Target shoes they were very comfy and did not dig into my feet.

Another option would be espadrilles.

These from Banana Republic are cute, yet affordable, so spilling some beer or jungle juice on them won't break the bank.
Slingback open-toe espadrille $68.00


And for the girl that went out in heels for the past couple of nights and has blisters on the back on her heel? Flats. I actaully have this pair from Target and LOVE THEM. They are super affordable, yet look really cute with skinny jeans or skirts.


Xhilaration Sable Ballerina Flats $14.99

The thing is in college, all girls will die for a pair of Christian Louboutins espadrilles or Chloe Platforms, but for most of us our budgets do not allow for such splurges. The most important thing is to be comfortable, so find shoes that you can walk in without getting blisters and you'll feel more confident then the girls stumbling down the hill to the bus stop (another deja view moment from first semester).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words.